Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
MSI's new Military Class 4 components support you while you are questing, racing, battling and shooting your way to the top. MSI's Military Class 4 components deliver record-breaking stability when you need to keep cool in the heat of battle. The new standard in stability built on a proven technology of high quality components.
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the worst conditions. The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system surviving each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation. On top of that all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
OC Genie 4 supercharges your speed experience! When used, OC Genie 4 accelerates your entire system and puts it into overdrive! Tuned by the professional overclockers, OC Genie 4 hands you record-breaking performance on a silver plate.
Built-in security for greater protection
An added layer of security for businesses and intelligent systems
Today's businesses and intelligent systems developers face four critical areas of IT security:
With ultra-high 32GB/s transfer bandwidth, PCI Express Gen 3 provides a 2X faster transfer rate than the previous generation, this delivers amazing capabilities for true next generation extreme gaming.
- 2X bandwidth
- Increased efficiency and compatibility
- Extreme performance for current and next gen PCI Express cards
Enjoy the awesome 4K UHD video playback now! MSI's 8 series motherboards that equip with HDMI port(s) supports the latest and the most innovative 4K UHD (2160p ultra-high definition) signal outputs to provide an unprecedented visual experience.
Mobile consumer appliances are getting more and more attention in current day fast moving life style, with smart phones and tablets almost becoming a fashion accessory. However, many ordinary personal computers cannot charge some of these devices, making it difficult to stay connected. The MSI Super Charger is a Windows resident program capable of revising the power supply mode of your USB port to become more powerful. Once your phone or tablet is connected to your USB port, the Super Charger sends a signal to initiate its charging circuit, making it a really smart and convenient charging solution for mobile computing needs.
Note: Only front red USB ports support charger function after system off
Compared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.0's 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute.
- 10X Faster Than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Boost Transfer Rate Between Your PC and External Storage Devices
MSI's exclusive Super RAID application helps to easily setup and configure to boost your system performance and stay current with automatic, no-wait updates to your e-mail, social networks, news, and more via the 3 Intel® key technologies:
3 Key Intel® Technologies:
- Intel® Rapid Start
- Intel® Smart Response*
- Intel® Smart Connect
*This feature only works on platform/model that supports Intel® Smart Response technology.
SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your motherboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It's also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to break the existing bottleneck of a PC's performance.
- 2X Faster Than SATA 3Gb/s
- Up to 6Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Unleash True Performance of New HDDs/SSDs
No more waiting for entering O/S! MSI Fast Boot helps to make motherboards boot lightning fast. MSI also adds the GO2BIOS button with-in. Simply click it to reset your PC and then go straight to the system BIOS.
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving your time and lowering the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboards which need extra BIOS chips, MSI's M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn't need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover, it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
- Supports Intel® Small Business Adcantage
- Supports Intel® vPro™ Technology
• 4x DDR3 memory slots supporting up to 32GB
- Supports DDR3 1600/ 1333/ 1066 MHz
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
• 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• 1 x PCI slot
• Realtek® ALC887 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
• i217LM Gigabit LAN controller
Internal I/O Connectors
1x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
6x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
2x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
1x USB 3.0 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports)
1x 4-pin CPU fan connector
2x 4-pin system fan connectors
1x Clear CMOS jumper
1x Front panel audio connector
2x System panel connectors
1x TPM module connector
2x Serial port connectors
1x Parallel port connector
1x Chassis Intrusion connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
1x PS/2 keyboard port
1x PS/2 mouse combo port
4x USB 2.0 ports
1x Optical S/PDIF-Out connector
1x HDMI port
1x LAN (RJ45) port
2x USB 3.0 ports
1x VGA port
1x DVI-D port
6x Audio jacks
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 9.6 in. x 9.6 in. (24.4 cm x 24.4 cm) Micro-ATX Form Factor
• 8 mounting holes