- Supports FSB 800/1066/1333 MHz- Supports two DIMM DDR3 800/1066/1333*(OC) DRAM- 4 SATAII ports and 4 USB 2.0 ports- 7.1 channel audio output
Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s motherboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
Every user desires more performance. MSI has special Easy OC Switches to provide that accessibility to all users. This great technology makes it easier to tweak the core clock settings. There's no need to have a detailed understanding; with just a few simple steps, everyone is able to get the most out of their motherboards. With a single click, the whole system will increase by 5%-20% performance, making overclocking a very easy thing to do.
Mobile consumer appliances are getting more and more attention in current day fast moving life style, with smart phones and tablets almost becoming a fashion accessory. However, many ordinary personal computers cannot charge some of these devices, making it difficult to stay connected. The MSI Super Charger is a Windows resident program capable of revising the power supply mode of your USB port to become more powerful. Once your phone or tablet is connected to your USB port, the Super Charger sends a signal to initiate its charging circuit, making it a really smart and convenient charging solution for mobile computing needs.
Note: Only front red USB ports support charger function after system off
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
USB Safeguard can prevent motherboards and USB devices from being damaged by short-circuit and ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) with Anti-ESD chips built-into the motherboards. Additionally, the safeguard can protect against such dangers multiple times, and greatly improves product lifespan.
- All MSI motherboards use USB Safeguard’s anti-ESD chip for thorough protection against ESD damage
- USB Safeguard is protected against a short circuit and/or ESD without the need for a fuse. It also supports stand-by power supply
Capacitors are the most important component for electronic product’s power supply. The quality of the capacitors can impact the stability of the entire system and risk of product failure. Currently there are two types of capacitors, electrolytic capacitors and solid capacitors. Compared to electrolytic capacitors, solid capacitors have a longer lifespan, and provide a more stable power under high temperatures. More importantly, solid capacitors do not have any liquid materials inside, and thus will not suffer a leak which would infringe upon the product’s stability. With such benefits is it no wonder that solid capacitors are very important for product quality’s improvement,
• Supports Intel® Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo based processors in LGA775 package.
• Supports Intel® Yorkfield, Wolfdale in the LGA775 package.
• Supports Intel® next generation 45nm multi-core processors
• Supports FSB 1333/1066/800 MHz.
• Supports VRD 11.1 standard.
• Supports FMB 05a@95W
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® G41 Chipset
- Supports FSB 800/1066/1333 MHz.
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Intel® GMA X4500)
- Supports Microsoft® DirectX 10
• Intel® ICH7 Chipset
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec, up to 8 ports.
- 4 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- 1 channel Ultra ATA 100 bus master IDE controller.
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
• One PCI Express x16 slot (PCI Express Bus SPEC V1.0 compliant).
• One PCI Express x1 slot
• One 32-bit v2.3 master PCI bus slot.
- Support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface.
• One Ultra DMA 66/100 IDE controller integrated in Intel® ICH7
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
• SATAII controller integrated in ICH7 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports four SATAII ports by ICH7
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889
- Flexible 6-channel audio with jack sensing
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
• Supports PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111DL
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU x1/ System x2 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector
- 4 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 1 x ATA100 connector
- 1 x SPDIF-Out connector
- Clear CMOS Jumper
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Parallel port connector
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x OC Switch
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 24.4cm(L) x 20.0cm(W) mATX Form Factor
• 6 mounting holes.