MSI Reminds you:Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME.
Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s motherboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
Every user desires more performance. MSI has special Easy OC Switches to provide that accessibility to all users. This great technology makes it easier to tweak the core clock settings. There's no need to have a detailed understanding; with just a few simple steps, everyone is able to get the most out of their motherboards. With a single click, the whole system will increase by 5%-20% performance, making overclocking a very easy thing to do.
Mobile consumer appliances are getting more and more attention in current day fast moving life style, with smart phones and tablets almost becoming a fashion accessory. However, many ordinary personal computers cannot charge some of these devices, making it difficult to stay connected. The MSI Super Charger is a Windows resident program capable of revising the power supply mode of your USB port to become more powerful. Once your phone or tablet is connected to your USB port, the Super Charger sends a signal to initiate its charging circuit, making it a really smart and convenient charging solution for mobile computing needs.
Note: Only front red USB ports support charger function after system off
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
USB Safeguard can prevent motherboards and USB devices from being damaged by short-circuit and ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) with Anti-ESD chips built-into the motherboards. Additionally, the safeguard can protect against such dangers multiple times, and greatly improves product lifespan.
- All MSI motherboards use USB Safeguard’s anti-ESD chip for thorough protection against ESD damage
- USB Safeguard is protected against a short circuit and/or ESD without the need for a fuse. It also supports stand-by power supply
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology reduces heat and noise so you can experience amazing performance without distraction. Combined with core enhancements, included in the AMD processors, that can improve overall power savings, deliver better multitasking and energy efficiency. Cool'n'Quiet technology can automatically adjust processor ratio to throttle CPU speed with four modes.
- Independent Dynamic Core Technology
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology
- AMD Wideband Frequency Control
- Multi-Point Thermal Control
• Key components status hardware monitor.
• Monitor the CPU status.
• Optimize System status define.
• Auto speed up with system loading change.
• Support AMD® Phenom II X3/ X4 & Athlon X2/ X3/ X4 CPU in the AM3 packagePlease refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Hyper Transport Bus
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 2000MT/sChipset
• NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE & nForce 430
Main Memory • Supports Dual Channel DDR3 800/1066/1333- 2 DDR3 DIMMs (240pin / 1.5V)- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot. • One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
On-Board IDE • One IDE port by NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE - Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode- Can connect up to two IDE devicesOn-Board SATA • Four SATA II ports by NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s RAID Function - SATA II 1~4 supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 0+1 mode by NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE
Audio • Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC888S- Flexible 7.1-channel audio with jack sensing- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Supports 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8211CL
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-pin power connector- 4-pin ATX 12V power connector - CPU x1 / System x1 FAN connectors - CD-in connector- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector- 4 x SATA II connectors- 1 x ATA133 connectors- 2 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 4 ports- SPDIF-Out connector- Front panel connector - Front panel audio connector - Chassis intrusion switch connector- Clear CMOS Jumper- OC Switch
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
• 24.4cm(L) x 20.0cm(W) Micro-ATX Form Factor
• 6 mounting holes.