At the very beginning of 2003, NVIDIA® finally unveiled the next generation GPU and announced the NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 graphics card. NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 has provided a more powerful theater-level graphic engine to show its lifelike animation effect and computing ability and satisfied the desired hardware requirements for modern games.
NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 is the first graphics chip in the industry to adopt the 0.13µ manufacturing process, and also the first GPU to use wideband DDR2 memory. The operation timing of the chip reaches 500MHz, breaking the highest record in the industry. As for computing ability, NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 Ultra Graphics Chip Floating Point Computing can process 200 billion instructions per second, 375 million programmable vertexes per second, 4 billion pixels per second, or 16 billion anti-aliasing capability. Its graphics computing ability reaches another new summit. NVIDIA®'s world No.1 global partner, MSI™, at the same time introduces the superior-quality graphics cards FX5800 Ultra-TD8X and FX5800-TD8X out of the blue to fulfill Cg cravers.
This new generation NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 Ultra chipset has the core for power and performance, the two major elements that game players want the most. The CineFX™ engine of the GeForce™ FX is the game effect provided in the same level of the most popular animation integrating 128-bit theatre-level high-quality audio/video quality color processing technology, the 3D world and characters has lifelike effects that have never been accomplished before. The evolution of performance allows the application program and the game to be executed with a higher resolution with an unprecedented speed. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5800 Ultra will show a close-to-perfect screen, and enrich your experience in graphics.
The specifications and functional features of the NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX5800 Ultra include the following:
The 0.13µ manufacturing process gives higher timing and better performance.
The world's first DDR2 memory interface has the world's fastest memory, capable of providing the smoothest video rendering speed even while running in the most advanced application program.
Supports AGP 8X: Provides twice as much bandwidth as the AGP 4X and increases the speed from 1.0GB per second to 2.1GB per second. The AGP 8X makes more complicated models and more delicate materials possible, and creates a lifelike environment. The non-interrupt data stream provides a smoother video streaming function and a faster and better-knit game experience.
The Uniform Drive Architecture (UDA) guarantees the compatibility and backward compatibility of the software driver. All NVIDIA® products use the same driver for the operation and simplifies the upgrade of new NVIDIA® products.
CineFX™ Engine: Unexpectedly wonderful special movie effects and advanced vertex masking and pixel masking functions make the amazing and complicated special effect happen. Furthermore, the enhanced horsepower enables us to have faster and smoother execution of the game.
Single timing 8-pixel rendering pipeline: uses a faster speed to execute all of your favorable games.
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Optimization and Support: assures the best performance and is compatible with all DirectX® 9 application program.
- Brand new 64-level video extending device: uses the best quality to zoom DVD and other videos into full screen of HDTV resolution.
- Tailor made for Cg: assures that the special effects of the most advanced technology are applied in the application program to obtain a perfect execution effect. The creation of contents is expedited so that the game developers can use unprecedented speed to introduce new games to PC users.
- Video Mixing Render (VMR): possesses the powerful strength of 3D graphic engine to let users have the best quality while viewing a multiple of video windows, and effectively avoiding the video overlapping problem.
- High-accuracy graphics: Through the combination of the amazing dynamic scope and 128-bit studio-level color accuracy of the most advanced 3D animation, the GeForce™FX can bring you the best video quality in the industry to be applied to the demanding application program.
- Intellisample™ Technology: The intellectual gamma adjustable anti-aliasing function and the upgrade adaptability of the Intellisample™ are not uniformly filtered, and provide a very fast speed for the smooth and lifelike visual effects. Saying goodbye to the aliasing problem: your existing game can immediately benefit from the most advanced technology, and the about to be announced games certainly will bring amazing effects to your sensory world.
- NView™ Multiple Display Technology: The NView™ Multiple Display Technology by NVIDIA® makes use of a revolutionary method to let you handle multitasking data processing easier.
- OpenRGL 1.4 Optimizations and Support: assures the best performance and the compatibility of all OpenRGL application programs.
- 400MHz RAMDACs: The fastest RAMDAC in the industry supports the QXGA display by using super high-speed ergonomic update frequency.
To feedback a large number of consumers, MSI™ meticulously selects and gives away the most interesting, most amusing, newest, most amazing and coolest complete version of 3D games and utility programs such as Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and the 7-in-1 game experience combination, etc. "Buy One Get Many Free" is definitely worth more, and MSI™ also specially selects and gives away many 2-in-1 super-value software this time like reverse simulation plus simulating CD, Win DVD 5.1 Channel plus language learning machine, absolutely worth more than their amazingly low price. Speaking overall, the MSI™'s FX5800 Ultra series display card offers 3D game combinations with many first-class audio and video effects as a gift, in addition to showing consumers its excellent performance.
If you want to know more details about us, please link to MSI™'s website: