• Superb Stability: Military Class II
• OC Genie II: Overclock & Unlock CPU Core in 1 Second
• Supports 3-way SLI & 4-way CrossFireX
• Support USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s
• THX TruStudio PRO: deliver the fullest audio experience
The perfect trinity of quality, stability and efficiency all exist at one motherboard to meet end user expectations. The MSI Military Class II series products provide the long lifespan, unparalleled quality, extreme performance and ultimate efficiency.
8X Lifespan than solid Capacitor!!
Insisting on the best stability, MSI utilizes Hi-c CAPs on Military Class series. Made of the rare element Tantalum, often used on space shuttles and satellites, which sustains very high temperatures and shows an amazingly high electrical conductivity.
SFC(Super Ferrite Choke).The super Ferrite Chokes use a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. Compare with traditional choke, the Super Ferrite Chokes run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature. The lower working temperature will enhance motherboard stability.
10 years long lifespan
For providing the highest quality products, we built-in Solid CAP in the entire Military Class series. This not only makes bursting capacitors a non-issue but also ensures a dramatically extended lifetime and ultra-low ESR.
In order to provide customers stable and high quality products, starting from P45 series motherboards, MSI is leading the industry to introduce the world's most advanced power supply component, DrMOS (Driver-MOSFET), which integrates Driver IC, Top MOSFET and Bottom MOSFET into one chip. Except for its outstanding performance in power saving, DrMOS possesses switch frequency which is 400% faster than traditional MOSFET and has great improvement in stabilizing power supply and voltage control. Even under heavy loading and overclocking conditions, DrMOS can still provide the most stable and efficient power supply and quality.
SLI technology allows using multiple Nvidia graphics cards in a single computer system with a motherboard equipped with an nForce SLI MCP. Users need an a motherboard with two PCI-Express 16x graphics slots and two matching GeForce graphics cards which are "SLI Ready". Most NVIDIA's PCI-Express graphics cards starting from the 6600 GPU can enjoy the benefits of SLI.
Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s motherboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
AMD CrossFire is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. Enabling game-dominatig power, AMD CrossFire technology enables two or more discrete graphics processors to work together to improve graphics performance. AMD CrossFire technology allows you to expand your system's graphics capabilities. It allows you the ability to scale your system's graphics horsepower as you need it, supporting up to four AMD Radeon™ HD graphics cards, making it the most scalable gaming platform ever. With an AMD CrossFire gaming technology, the traditional graphics limitation exists no more, allowing you to enjoy higher performance as well as visual experience.
THX is a trade mark of a high-end audio/visual reproduction standard for movies, home theaters, computer speakers and other audio devices. THX Certified Audio products are designed to let users experience movies & videos as live show. The true sound effect can make high definition video more powerful.
- A high-fidelity sound reproduction standard
- Accurately reproduce the fullest audio experience of movie, music and game soundtracks
Onboard PC audio gets better! MSI is the first to implement the most high-end HD Audio codecs available. Don’t be fooled by other inferior audio solutions onboard (sometimes you can’t even find the driver!) Only MSI offers the Loss-less 24-bit/192KHz HD Audio function with an incredible 109 SNR dB value to provide the most clear & vivid HD audio quality and support 7.1 channels surround sound playback with a 2-channel independent stereo output (multiple streaming) through the front panel 3.5 inch phone jack.
Mobile consumer appliances are getting more and more attention in current day fast moving life style, with smart phones and tablets almost becoming a fashion accessory. However, many ordinary personal computers cannot charge some of these devices, making it difficult to stay connected. The MSI Super Charger is a Windows resident program capable of revising the power supply mode of your USB port to become more powerful. Once your phone or tablet is connected to your USB port, the Super Charger sends a signal to initiate its charging circuit, making it a really smart and convenient charging solution for mobile computing needs.
Note: Only front red USB ports support charger function after system off
Compared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.0's 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute.
- 10X Faster Than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Boost Transfer Rate Between Your PC and External Storage Devices
SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your motherboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It's also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to to break the existing bottleneck of a PC's performance.
- 2X Faster Than SATA 3Gb/s
- Up to 6Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Unleash True Performance of New HDDs/SSDs
3TB+ Infinity is not only breaking through the limit of traditional BIOS, but also enhancing the utilization of hard drives efficiently. In addition to supporting the latest 3TB hard drives, MSI 3TB+ Infinity technology can use the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system. Compared to competitors, MSI 3TB+ Infinity is an industry-leading technology which substantially presents an advantage of development and application in the future.
- All the latest 3TB hard drivers on the market can be supported
- Make the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
USB Safeguard can prevent motherboards and USB devices from being damaged by short-circuit and ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) with Anti-ESD chips built-into the motherboards. Additionally, the safeguard can protect against such dangers multiple times, and greatly improves product lifespan.
- All MSI motherboards use USB Safeguard’s anti-ESD chip for thorough protection against ESD damage
- USB Safeguard is protected against a short circuit and/or ESD without the need for a fuse. It also supports stand-by power supply
Winki 3 is a free Linux-based O/S which is based on the Linux core. With an ultra-fast booting speed and a multi-language interface, the built-in Winki 3 provides an easy-to-use internet environment that includes the most popular functions such as internet surfing, web mail, instant messaging, picture browsing, and more. It's the most practical way to be online in the shortest time.
- User friendly & totally free applications
- Power on to run applications in 25 seconds
- Multi-language interface support
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology reduces heat and noise so you can experience amazing performance without distraction. Combined with core enhancements, included in the AMD processors, that can improve overall power savings, deliver better multitasking and energy efficiency. Cool'n'Quiet technology can automatically adjust processor ratio to throttle CPU speed with four modes.
- Independent Dynamic Core Technology
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology
- AMD Wideband Frequency Control
- Multi-Point Thermal Control
OC Genie II, the most powerful and easy overclocking technology is implemented on MSI's AMD 9-Series motherboards. MSI's OC Genie II completely automates advanced overclocking functions and offers up to 248% higher performance with the simple click of a button. It does not matter if you're a first time hardware owner, or a veteran overclocker, activating MSI OC Genie II will unlock your hidden CPU cores, overclock your CPU and your memory to simply give you the best and stable performance for free on MSI AMD 9-Series motherboard available.
- Automatically overclock & unlock hidden CPU core(s) in 1 second
- Instantly boost system performance up to 248%
• 64bit AMD® FX, Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2, Athlon II X4/X3/X2 and Sempron CPU in AM3 / AM3+ package.
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Hyper Transport Bus
• HyperTransport 3.0 supporting speed up to 5200MT/s
• AMD® 990FX and SB950 Chipset
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600/1800*/2133* (OC) DRAM, 32GB Max
• 4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots
• 2 PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots
• 1 PCI slot, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.
• 6 SATA III (1~6) ports by AMD® SB950
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 6Gb/s
- SATA III 1~6 support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 mode by AMD® SB950
• 2 USB 3.0 ports by NEC® D720200
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC892
- True Blu-ray Audio Support
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111E
- Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in single chip
- Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s
- Compliance with PCI-Express Bus specification v1.0a
• VIA® VT6315N chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (pinheader x2)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x ATX 24-pin power connector
- 1 x ATX 8-pin 12V CPU power connector
- CPU x 1 / System x 4 FAN connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 1 x Front panel connector
- 1 x Chassis intrusion switch connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector
- 6 x Serial ATA III connectors
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Debug LED display
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x SPDIF-out connector
- 1 x TPM module connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse port
- 1 x Claer CMOS button
- 1 x Coaxial SPDIF-out
- 1 x Optical SPDIF-out
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports (blue)
- 2 x eSATA / USB 2.0 Combo ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jacks
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.