Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
MSI's new Military Class 4 components support you while you are questing, racing, battling and shooting your way to the top. MSI's Military Class 4 components deliver record-breaking stability when you need to keep cool in the heat of battle. The new standard in stability built on a proven technology of high quality components.
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the worst conditions. The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system surviving each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation. On top of that all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
OC Genie 4 supercharges your speed experience! When used, OC Genie 4 accelerates your entire system and puts it into overdrive! Tuned by the professional overclockers, OC Genie 4 hands you record-breaking performance on a silver plate.
AMD CrossFire is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. Enabling game-dominatig power, AMD CrossFire technology enables two or more discrete graphics processors to work together to improve graphics performance. AMD CrossFire technology allows you to expand your system's graphics capabilities. It allows you the ability to scale your system's graphics horsepower as you need it, supporting up to four AMD Radeon™ HD graphics cards, making it the most scalable gaming platform ever. With an AMD CrossFire gaming technology, the traditional graphics limitation exists no more, allowing you to enjoy higher performance as well as visual experience.
With ultra-high 32GB/s transfer bandwidth, PCI Express Gen 3 provides a 2X faster transfer rate than the previous generation, this delivers amazing capabilities for true next generation extreme gaming.
- 2X bandwidth
- Increased efficiency and compatibility
- Extreme performance for current and next gen PCI Express cards
Enjoy the awesome 4K UHD video playback now! MSI's 8 series motherboards that equip with HDMI port(s) supports the latest and the most innovative 4K UHD (2160p ultra-high definition) signal outputs to provide an unprecedented visual experience.
Compared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.0's 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute.
- 10X Faster Than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Boost Transfer Rate Between Your PC and External Storage Devices
MSI's exclusive Super RAID application helps to easily setup and configure to boost your system performance and stay current with automatic, no-wait updates to your e-mail, social networks, news, and more via the 3 Intel® key technologies:
3 Key Intel® Technologies:
- Intel® Rapid Start
- Intel® Smart Response*
- Intel® Smart Connect
*This feature only works on platform/model that supports Intel® Smart Response technology.
SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your motherboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It's also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to break the existing bottleneck of a PC's performance.
- 2X Faster Than SATA 3Gb/s
- Up to 6Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Unleash True Performance of New HDDs/SSDs
No more waiting for entering O/S! MSI Fast Boot helps to make motherboards boot lightning fast. MSI also adds the GO2BIOS button with-in. Simply click it to reset your PC and then go straight to the system BIOS.
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving your time and lowering the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboards which need extra BIOS chips, MSI's M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn't need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover, it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
• Supports 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
• Support four DDR3 DIMMs 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/ 2200*/2400*/2600*/2666*/2800*/3000*(*OC) MHz, 32GB Max
- Supports Dual-Channel mode
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot
- PCI_E4 supports up to PCIe 2.0 x4 speed
• 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• 2 x PCI slots
• Supports AMD CrossFireTM Technology
• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® Z87 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports six SATAIII ports (SATA1~6) by Z87
- SATA1~6 support Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (AHCI/ RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 10) by Intel® Z87
• Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC887
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek® RTL8111G
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x 3-pin system fan connector
- 2 x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 1 x 4-pin system fan connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 6 x Serial ATAIII connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports)
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Parallel port connector
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN port
- 1 x 3 in 1 audio jacks
- 1 x VGA port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz, 24bpp
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz, 24bpp
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160 @24Hz, 24bpp/ 2560x1600 @60Hz, 24bpp/ 1920x1080 @60Hz, 36bpp
This platform supports dual-display and triple-display function
(Extend the desktop to
the other monitors)
(Monitors have the same
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 12 in. x 8.7 in. (30.5 cm x 22 cm) ATX Form Factor
• 6 mounting holes.