Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
MSI GAMING motherboards are designed to provide gamers with best-in-class features and technology. Backed by the imposing looks of MSI's Dragon, each motherboard is an engineering masterpiece tailored to gaming perfection.
Kill your lag!
The Killer E2200 Intelligent Networking Platform is built for maximum networking performance for online games and high-quality streaming media. Featuring Advanced Stream Detect? Killer E2200 automatically detects and accelerates game traffic ahead of other network traffic for smoother, stutter-free in-game performance and the competitive edge. With this exclusive, automatic traffic prioritization, games and real-time chat get priority over low-level system chatter, giving you the lowest latency for game data on the most controllable network hardware available.
Through the detection and prioritization of gaming traffic you can finally fully utilize your network without fear of being kicked from an on-line game because of high ping. This enables true multi-tasking without manually enabling or disabling applications, updates and installations. Killer networking actually allows you to use your PC 24 hours a day.
Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.
Because the complete audio circuitry is isolated from other features, you'll enjoy less interference and more stability.
The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your gaming PC.
Hear your enemies perfectly, even on an ear-drum shattering battlefield. Thanks to Sound Blaster Cinema, you're getting amazing surround sound with just stereo headphones. Your most important gaming sound effects are reproduced crystal clear allowing you to focus on your game even during extremely long gaming sessions.
Powered by the SBX Pro Studio technologies, Sound Blaster Cinema enables you to clearly hear specific sounds in gaming environments, making your ears a decisive tool on the battlefield.
MSI VGA Boost is one of MSI's exclusive ways to support gamers to fully engage in their virtual world.
VGA Boost increases the power limitations for MSI GAMING graphics cards when inserted in an MSI GAMING motherboard. It simply upgrades your Power Tuning and current limits allowing your graphics to boost to higher clock speeds when your gaming graphics get more intense and sustain maximum performance for a longer time.
This is all supported because of the power design for the PCI Express slots and the build quality of MSI Graphics cards. Now, matching MSI gaming hardware not only gives your game PC some fiery red dragon looks, your PC gaming experience will benefit from a safe and powerful boost in graphics.
With MSI Super RAID you can combine hard drives, SSDs and mSATA into blazing fast bootable drives. Load your operating system, videos or even games faster than ever. You can now enjoy the benefits of bigger and faster storage, without all the trouble that normally surround RAID configurations.
Easily Setup The Latest Technologies:
You want more FPS, lower ping, but why use a pro-gaming mouse with old-fashioned standards? MSI Gaming Device Port is optimized for high polling rate mice (500 to 1000 Hz) which lowers your mouse's response time from 8 milliseconds to 1 millisecond! This gives a much smoother mouse response in games. The additional gold plating on the ports enhances the durability drastically and ensures your PS/2 and USB ports are always working when you ship out to a LAN party.
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Hi-c Cap, Super Ferrite Choke and Solid CAPs will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme conditions.
A Hi-c CAP is a very small, but super-efficient capacitor. Besides ensuring enough spacing around a CPU socket to install large coolers, it also allows for 93% energy efficiency. Thanks to Hi-c CAP`s MSI mainboards are the most energy efficient in the market.
With their aluminum core design, Dark CAP's have been a staple in high-end design motherboard designs and provides lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) as well as its over-10-year lifespan.
Super Ferrite Choke uses a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. This allows the Super Ferrite Choke to run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% higher current capacity, a 20% improvement in power efficiency and better overclocking power stability.
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the toughest conditions.
The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system can survive each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation.
On top of that the all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
OC Genie is the world's first built-in hardware overclocking technology on motherboards. With this new generation of OC Genie, we're giving you even more performance. The OC Genie button works as you expect it to, but now you have even more control. Flick the OC_MODE switch from the normal "Turbo" to "GAMING" and your PC gets another adrenalin shot! For the more advanced overclockers, we give you complete control of your settings with "My OC Genie".
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8. Besides that, it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And all this comes with advanced and cool features.
Hardware monitor allows you to take control of your system through Total Fan and check your primary system characteristics in an easy graphical interface.
This feature shows the user a visual representation of all the connectors of the motherboard and displays which devices are connected. In case of a device having a bad connection you can easily trace it with board explorer.
With OC profiles you can rapidly switch between settings and you can save up to 8 profiles. In the blink of an eye, you can see the differences between your current system settings and any of the stored profiles.
MSI GAMING motherboards feature one or more PCI-Express 3.0 slots, perfectly aligned and with enough space for an optimal airflow when using multiple graphics cards. That way, you will never have to worry about an overheating PC, while you are enjoying the best graphics jumping off from your monitor when running a NVIDIA® SLI or AMD CrossFire gaming setup.
MSI's exclusive Command Center software is a very powerful tool to push your motherboard to the max. With a very intuitive touch ready interface, Command Center allows users to tune settings to increase system stability, maximize overclocking performance and adjust cooling features.
Command Center features a total new fan control interface from which users can control all fans' speed on the motherboard and set profiles. Users can real-time monitor the status of the fans as well as record fan speed, voltage and temperate status into a log file. This feature is both convenient for pro-gamers and overclockers.
MSI Command Center integrates an unlimited RAMdisk with the retail value of $35. With a RAMdisk you can create a virtual drive from your system memory enabling speeds 20x faster than a modern SSD. There are options to load complete game images, you can speed up your browser or your page file which increases your whole system's performance.
Tired of everlasting loading screens? The MSI Gaming series motherboards offer support for DDR3-3000 MHz memory modules. That way, you will not have to miss out on any gaming action because your in-game levels will be loaded superfast!
With MSI Super Charger you can simply deliver MORE power to your smartphone, tablet, USB game controller or portable console. This allows you to quickly charge these devices for use when you're not gaming on your PC, eliminating the need for wall power sockets.
Entering a BIOS can be a frustrating job. Because nowadays motherboards boot lightning fast, MSI added the GO2BIOS button. Simply push it before you start or restart your system and you'll go straight to the system's BIOS when your motherboard powers on.
Total Fan Control gives you complete control of all your fans to enable you to find the best balance of fan performance and silence. Because you can also monitor and record all your fan information, a great pool of information is available to base the fan settings on.
With an awesome product comes an inspiring heat sink! Styled after the iconic MSI GAMING Dragon. The heat sink is oversized to provide the best thermal transfer and heat dissipation to enable your PC to just game 24 hours per day.
What's in the box? Check it out for yourself! Besides a plethora of necessary cables and connectors you also get a cool Do-Not-Disturb door-hanger, a slick gaming case badge and a stylish gaming I/O panel.
A small set of tools that are essential to get the best performance out of your motherboard. These features increase stability, assist in trouble shooting, allow you to keep your complete system in check and allow for simple management. This way you can keep your mind on gaming and be confident that you have the tools to maximize your performance.
• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
• Support four DDR3 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/2200*/2400*/2600*/2666*/2800*/3000*(*OC) MHz DRAM, 32GB Max
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
• 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (support x16, x8/x8, x8/x4/x4 modes)
• 4 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® Z87 chipset
- 1 x mSATA 6Gb/s port*
- Supports six SATAIII ports (SATA1~6) by Z87
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
• SATAIII controller integrated in ASMedia® ASM1061 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATA ports (SATA7~8) by ASM1061
* The SATA6 port will be unavailable when a SSD installed in the mSATA port.
** Supports Intel Core processors on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- SATA1~6 ports support Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (AHCI / RAID 0/1/5/10) by Intel Z87
• 6 x USB 3.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• 8 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB connectors*)
*internal JUSB1 connector supports MSI Super Charger
• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
• 1x Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller*
* The Killer Network Manager is only available for Windows 7 and Windows 8 currently. The supported drivers for other operating systems would be available on the website if provided by vendor.
• Supports ATI® CrossFire™ Technology
• Supports NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
* Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x mSATA port
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 6 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports)
- 2 x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 3 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Multi BIOS Switch
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x V-Check Points Set (7x V-Check connectors)
- 1 x GO2BIOS button
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x 2-Digit Debug Code LED
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x Coaxial S/PDIF-out port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF-out port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jack
- 6 OFC audio jacks
- 1 x VGA port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz, 24bpp
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz, 24bpp
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz, 24bpp/ 2560x1600@60Hz, 24bpp/ 1920x1080@60Hz, 36bpp
This plarform supports dual-display and triple-display function
(Extend the desktop to the second
and third monitor)
(Monitors have the same screen)
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.4 cm x 24.4 cm) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.